Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Older Citizens. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Guests see ads Members do not. Any problems or difficulties you can email me at Philip@OlderCitizens.com

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Older Citizens and the RSA
Topic Started: Feb 12 2017, 06:35 PM (119 Views)
rodhyde
Did you know that the average age of a Fellow is over 60 and 25% of Fellows are retired.

Quote Post Goto Top Offline Profile
pjfb
That's encouraging. Internet stats on older citizens (which I have not defined - you know who you are) show a steady rise in use. Research into Older Citizens on the 'net is here The purpose of OlderCitizens.com is to encourage us to blog not only to expand our digital literacy combatting dementia ;) but for Older Citizens to have a permanent record and voice on the 'net
Member Avatar
Administrator
pjfb
There's an article today in The Guardian "Welcome to the new dark ages, where only the wealthy can retire"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/14/wealthy-retire-austerity-pensioners-work

It paints a gloomy picture for retirees. Since retiring officially I receive a basic pension (inc UK) of €250 per week and after taking out expenses I have about €18 per day to live on . This is adequate for my needs but not my wants. This is why I go for free stuff. I just can't afford to pay for services like Discourse. Anyone got the expertise to install it on one of my servers? Its too technical for me. Anyway I for one am enjoying my 'retirement' I have all my time free.

Member Avatar
Administrator
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply